Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday Receivables - You Can Never Have too Many Mittens!

In the absence of the official Wish List, I will post things I'd love to receive as gifts in this section!
The first post is inspired by the cold -than-usual weather we've been having (OK, Stacy, don't laugh! You see, people, Stacy lives in Michigan, and she thinks anything above 30 degrees is balmy). I, however, having gotten used to the milder temperatures over the last few years, am absolutely freezing. Whatever happened to global warming?!?! It is very possible that the warming is still global, but it somehow simply missed this location. Stranger things have happened.

OK, 'nuff about the cold, and on to the goodies!

I have always loved mittens. When I was little, I used to lose them all the time, but somehow new mittens in various patterns and colors continually appeared and kept me warm. When I discovered a wonderful pair of ivory mittens with suede patches last winter, I purchased them immediately, despite my sister's efforts to convince the cashier not to sell them to me. ("She lives in NC and does not need them!" she said to him.) Luckily for me, he didn't listen, and I just love my ivory mittens and wear them all the time. Well, as faith would have it, this winter is even colder than last, and I'd love a few more pairs. Here are my top picks:

1. These adorable Eco Friendly Felted Red Wool Mittens (Mens or Womens), $20, come from Woolywooly on Etsy. They are the perfect winter color! Just love them. They would go wonderfully with a white peacoat that I don't have, but have wanted one for a while.


2. HandDyed, another fantastic shop on Etsy, brings us these beautiful Alpaca Long Cabled Mittens, $45. What I love about them is that they're long, which means they will keep your hands AND arms warm! What more can you ask for? The color is great, too - I have a hat to match!

3. Finally, we have these Felted Wool Mittens - Cozy Lemongrass Green Aqua Blue - The Real Warm Woolen Mittens, $40, from Etsy's maddyandme. It says that they're possibly the warmest mittens known to homo sapiens - I don't know about you, but that's all I needed to hear!


There you have it - three fantastic pairs to choose from! Of course, there are many more where these came from (i.e. on Etsy!). I will be back next week with some more great finds to add to the list!

1 comment:

  1. LOL ~ you are so funny, Janna!!

    I think it is 5 degrees outside right now, no joke.

    I love mittens, too (and hats, and scarves and neck warmers, hint) Any of these would work for me!!

    ReplyDelete