Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thursday Edibles – Avocado and Onion Salad

This week’s recipe choice was between chili and avocado salad. The latter won because: 1) since I just blogged about the difference between fruits and veggies last night, I figured I would continue on this topic, and 2) avocados may just be my favorite fruit (yes, fruit – thanks to last night’s post, I now know what they are!). What is your favorite fruit or vegetable?

Here is a very quick and easy avocado and onion salad that is great year-round!

Ingredients:
2 avocados, sliced
2 cloves of fresh garlic, crushed (optional)
1/8 sweet Vidalia onion, sliced thinly
1/8 red onion, sliced thinly
2 table spoons soy sauce
2 table spoons fresh lemon juice
1.5 table spoons balsamic vinegar
1.5 table spoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. If necessary, add more soy sauce, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. For a little bit of extra heat, add chili or cayenne pepper powder. Enjoy as a side with lunch or dinner!

4 comments:

  1. This sound delicious Janna! I'm going to try it really soon, thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both avacados and onions but no one else here likes them. I could see me eating the whole bowl by myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my ~ yum!!! I am going to make this. Tony will love it with some cayenne pepper added.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys (gals) will have to let me know how it turned out! Scribbit, that's not such bad news - that only means more for you! :)

    ReplyDelete