Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Contest: Why Do Dogs Bark?

At an event I attended today, the speaker asked, "Why do dogs bark?", and continued on with the rest of the speech without pausing. "Because they can't talk!" I answered in my head, and for some unknown reason it really amused me, and I nearly burst out laughing (that would have been very, very bad)!

This gave me an idea for this impromptu contest! Here is what to do to enter:

1. Simply leave a comment and answer the above question.

2. Be sure to leave your name and e-mail address right in the comments section, so that I have a way to get in touch with you.

That's it! I will choose the best answer, and that person will get to select a free pair of earrings from my Etsy shop valued at $16 or less! This contest will be open for two weeks; the winner will be announced on February 10, 2009!

Go ahead, tell me: why do dogs bark? (You can't use my answer :).)
*This contest is now closed. Thanks to everyone who entered! The winner is Scribbit - I will let you know which earrings she chooses!*

9 comments:

  1. To scare away threatening people!

    www.sknaturals.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a writer I'd guess that they bark because clucking and meowing were already copyrighted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because cats already had claim to the "meow"! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am stumped . . . I say what you said, and I can't think of anything clever :)

    But I love the pug ~ is that your dog, Janna??? I *LOVE* pugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. because it's "ruff"-er than their bites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your in-laws pug, too cute!!!

    I think dogs bark because they are trying to tell you something. Either that they need you or that someone is intruding!

    Ruff Ruff Ruff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Vader barks to alert us to "danger". It's always nice to know the UPS guy is about to ring the doorbell.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Simply, Because They Can!!

    Fun Contest!
    Thank you, baileybobby6(at)hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. To get the humans to do their bidding?

    I think animals make sounds just to see what crazy things they can get humans to do!!

    dominique100 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete