Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Failed Hat = A Neck Warmer

Husband asked to make him a hat and scarf for Christmas. We went and picked out yarn, bought a book with the design he wanted, and I got started. I made the cap and was about to make the crown, but when he tried on the cap, it was WAY too big on him!
I was back to square one. I was about to undo the cap and re-use the yarn, when he said: “Wait, are you going to destroy the cap?!” Then he took it from me, pulled it over his head and onto his neck, and said: “This can be a neck warmer!”

So, he made out well – instead of a two-piece set, he’s got all three! Here he is, modeling his new neck warmer for everyone.

Pictures of the hat and scarf are coming soon!

5 comments:

  1. totoally cool.. love the color.... and so wonderful that is so understanding and can see things outside the box a little. great neck warmer and wonderful husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the neck warmer Janna! Great blue too, your hubby is such a great model and a good sport, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You knit too?? Or is that crochet ~ Sorry, I have a hard time telling the two apart :)

    I bought a neck warmer for myself on Etsy ~ love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete