Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday Wearables – Facets-and-jaC Attack!

If you are wondering what I’ve been up to this week – I’ve been busy creating! I just realized that four out of five new pieces I made this week were made with faceted beads. I still have three more necklaces planned from… you guessed it, more facets! You have a wide variety of colors and shapes to choose from; let me highlight just a few, and feel free to visit my shop for more designs!

Wired Elegance in Black Earrings - Faceted Black Onyx and Sterling Silver Earrings. When I wire-wrapped my first bead, it was disastrous. I tried again and again, complained to both Stacy and Alison (thank you for listening!), then tried some more, and finally got the hang of it. That was a few months ago. When I got these stunning faceted black onyx marquise stones, I knew I had to wire-wrap them for an elegant, yet chic look! I am quite pleased with the results – these earrings came out stellar, if I may say so myself. :)

Smoky Skies Necklace - Faceted Smoky Quartz and Crystal Asymmetrical Necklace. I love all things asymmetrical, and when I saw these fantastic 14 mm smoky quartz beads, I knew I wanted to combine them with another faceted stone for an offbeat look. Here is the result – it came out even better than I envisioned! I’ve got two more similar necklaces planned in 12 mm beads.

Nature's Touch Necklace - Red Jasper and Sterling Silver Necklace with Fossil Coral Pendant. Fossil coral is one of my absolute favorite stones. It is so uniquely beautiful and rare to find. What I love about this necklace is the contrast between the 6 mm delicate red jasper faceted beads and the bold pendant. They are so distinct, yet they coordinate perfectly, as if they were made for each other!

I’ve got a few more designs planned this week – check back next Friday for some more jaC Jewelry Wearables!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pieces...love the red jasper necklace...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wire wrapping is beautiful Janna! Practice makes perfect :0)

    Love your new pieces, they are unique and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pieces...Nature's Touch Necklace is my favoite...Great work.

    ReplyDelete