Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hat and Scarf for Husband

Poor Husband has been waiting forever for a hat and scarf. I promised to crochet them for him as a Christmas present, and the the first attempt at a hat went awry. Finally, I’ve finished both a hat that fits and a matching scarf!

He wanted the scarf asymmetrical – I think I’m rubbing off on him! Here they are.

Crocheting is extremely relaxing, and if you have sufficient light in your living room, you can do it in the evening while watching TV. That's what I did when I made quite a few afghans a few years ago when I decided I was going to learn how to crochet. My first crocheted piece was an enormous afghan (my advice: if you're thinking of learning, start with something simple, e.g. a scarf); then I slowly turned to scarves, and now hats! I'll bet I can figure out how to make mittens, too!

4 comments:

  1. Those look great...I love to crochet. When I was young and thin, I crocheted a couple sweaters and skirts for myself. I love to bead crochet also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, "When I was young and thin" ditto Sassy! Crochet beading is so pretty. Janna the hat and scarf turned out so nice, I just love the pom pom on top of the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They really look great. I use to do alot of crocheting and knitting but not as much now. I too always found it relaxing and did it at night while watching a show...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet! I'm sure he loves it :)

    PS: I'm so sorry I accidentally deleted the comment you left on my blog y'day :'( Please forgive my carelessness.

    Sad Rheea

    ReplyDelete