Monday, February 23, 2009

jaC Procures on Etsy – Reversible Hobo Bag

I tend to buy a few wardrobe basics and accessorize them with jewelry, purses and shoes. Of course, I’ve got lots of jewelry to choose from; I’ve also got a good number of shoes. Most of my purses, however, are classic leather since I think of my work outfits when I buy them.

A while back, I bought a funky fabric bag that’s too much for office wear, but is great for the rest of the time. Ever since then, I’ve been on the lookout for another fabric bag to spice up my non-work outfits. I really wanted another bag with an edgy design, but never found just what I wanted.

Then, one day, I saw a bag by retrofied on Etsy’s front page. I really liked the styles, especially these beautiful large reversible hobo bags. I contacted Rebecca, the very talented designer and seamstress of these fun bags, to see if I could choose my own fabrics and have her make a custom bag for me. After looking at hundreds of listings, I finally came up with the two Alexander Henry patterns that I loved – Factory Girl (left) and Mirabelle in Slate (right).

The bag arrived last week, and I’m in love with this stylish addition to my wardrobe! When I’m in the mood for edgy, I turn it to the Factory Girl side. Yes, the Girl is borderline creepy, but the funky factor wins! When I am after a softer look, I turn it to the Mirabelle side, and it instantly transforms into romantic and sweet. It’s The Jekyll and Hyde of bags. :)

The bag is practically weightless and roomy, which means I can fill it to the top and not worry about it being too heavy. Last but not least, the colors are so versatile – both sides go great with so many colors, and match a lot of my jewelry (for example, this labradorite and silver bracelet I am wearing in the picture – you can barely see it, but it's similar to this one). Husband was so focused on capturing the bag that he didn’t get my face :). Can’t wait to use it!

4 comments:

  1. such a cute bag - looks perfect on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice bag, I love the print and the color tone. Great taste :)

    Rheea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The bag looks like such a great size and so fun! Awe, too bad your head is cute of Janna, LOL I wanted to see that cute hair cut of yours :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing creepy about that ~ I love it!! I've seen this seller and I love her shop, too. You are stylin' :)

    ReplyDelete