Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday Irreplaceables – A Really Cool Garlic Peeler!

If you’re anything like me, you’ll really appreciate this simple gadget that peels garlic amazingly well! We use fresh garlic daily in just about every kind of meat or fish dish and soups. I love the flavor it gives, and I also know that it’s excellent for your health.

I first encountered these peelers overseas, when my aunt bought one for my mom as a present. I couldn’t believe how simple it was – a piece of soft rubber! I finally procured one for myself last month, and both Husband and I love it. It is remarkably easy to use, and produces great results!

If you’re wondering what exactly you’re supposed to do with it, check out these directions from Chefs website:

Slip a clove of garlic inside this ridged rubber cylinder, then rub to remove
the skin quickly and easily. Rinses clean. Dishwasher-safe.
You can also read the reviews and purchase this neat tool at Chefs for $5.99. Although I didn’t look much elsewhere, these may be available at Bad, Beth and Beyond and other home goods stores!

2 comments:

  1. My brother has one of these and he swears by it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cool gadget! I just love kitchen gadgets, not that I'm any kind of a major cook but they're still fun to have!

    ReplyDelete