Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wanted: more jaC Jewelry!

Do you ever feel like you're gifting the same thing over and over to your friends? As I learned the other day, too much jaC Jewelry is a good thing!

I have a very close and loyal friend. We met almost two years ago and clicked instantly – we discovered that our backgrounds are very similar and we have a lot in common. She is full of personality, and I can tell what she is thinking by the look on her face, even if she doesn’t say it. That, however, doesn’t happen very often – she speaks her mind; it is very much the case of what you see is what you get, and I love that about her!

Back when we first met, she mentioned that she loved the jewelry I wore. I told her that I made it and sent her a link to my website; she wrote back and said that she had a hard time picking her favorite, but she had to have a cranberry keshi and white Biwa stick pearl necklace. It was my absolute favorite – if you don’t already know, I am obsessed with keshi and Biwa stick pearls, and this necklace was my first design using them! I almost didn’t want to sell it (I had it up on my website as an example), but when she asked, I couldn’t refuse her. She wore it daily for the next month!

Ever since then, I have given her jaC Jewelry for her Birthday and a few more holidays, and she had also bought a few pieces. She said that she loved getting my jewelry as presents because I made it especially for her. Creating a design I knew she would love was easy – I had gotten to know her taste pretty well, and every time the pieces came out even better than I had imagined.

Well, this time for her Birthday, I was about to make her a necklace, but was hesitant to give her any more of my jewelry – she already has so much! I went out and searched for the perfect present for her, and was excited when I found what I thought she would love.

I gave her the present the other day, and as I watched her unwrap it, she smiled and said: “Thank you – I really like this! But I thought it was going to be something you made.” Just like that – straight up, no frills. She says what she thinks. She trusts that I will understand, no matter what she has to say.

Although she was a little disappointed that she didn’t get any more jaC Jewelry, I know exactly what to give her in another two months to celebrate a major milestone in her life! Next time I will definitely go with my instinct. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love a friend who speaks her mind! Ahh, what a sweet and loyal friend, it'll be fun to see her reaction the next time you give her jewelry.

    ReplyDelete