Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wednesday Multi-Usables – Photo Album / Recipe Book

On Wednesdays, I will post items that have multiple applications that you may not have thought of! If you have other applications, feel free to share them with everyone.

With the recent shift from film to digital photography and increasing use of online picture albums such as Flickr and Shutterfly, I find myself printing fewer and fewer pictures. When it comes to cooking, I use the internet more and more frequently to search and print recipes. The trouble is, once I find a dish I like, I toss the printed recipe, don’t bookmark the source website, and it takes me forever to locate it online again.

Finally, I found a perfect solution! If you have an old photo album with those sticky pages sitting around without much use, you can turn it into a collection of your favorite recipes! After you’ve cooked a new dish you like, simply place the printed recipe into the album. You’ll save paper and won’t spend valuable time the next time you’re ready to cook the dish!

These pages are great, because they are easy to organize and rearrange (such albums usually come as three-ring binders), and it’s so easy to take out the page you need and use it while cooking and put it back when finished – no need to drag the entire book into the kitchen! Also, the sticky transparent layers will protect your recipe from grease and other miscellaneous cooking debris. It's a win-win situation! I started one of these books in January and love it.

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I have a little notebook that I scribble recipes in...BY HAND! but this sounds so much neater and easier. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really a good idea... I keep printing them out and then toss them in the cupboard.. but I am getting a lot of them and its getting confusing... Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently went thru the Cooking magazines that I subscribe to and pulled out the recipes I plan to make, then put them in an album like this. It is so much more organized and now I don't have a pile of magazines taking up space in my little house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and a wonderful way to be and stay recipe organized!

    ReplyDelete