Monday, March 9, 2009

Dumb Luck

Did you hear? By 2-something this afternoon, there had been 20 direction changes in the stock market, and the world is coming to an end.

You know what else changes direction constantly? My weight. Except that it happens so often that I don’t think of it as a cataclysmic event that is likely to end the world – at least not my world.

I have a week off and don’t have much to do except clean my place. Well, yesterday, I didn’t feel like cleaning and created an excuse – I really should work out! It has been a while since I worked out – such a long while that I can’t even remember when I worked out last. This was a once-in-a-year opportunity. I put on my workout clothes, filled a bottle with water and headed to a fitness center in my apartment complex.

Guess what, it was CLOSED! The note on the door read: “Fitness is closed temporarily.” Yes, it would have made a lot more sense if it said “the fitness center” – but I’m quoting directly. It would also have been nice if the note said when the gym would reopen. I was really bummed! (Never thought I would say this).

This morning, I called to inquire about the re-opening. “It’s open now – it was just closed yesterday.” What?! While the management could have chosen any day to close the center (there are 365 days in a year for them to choose from), they chose yesterday – the only day in the last and next 365 days I had the urge to go work out! It is now gone… It’s just like the whole compulsive buying thing – if I decide to buy something, I want it right there and then, but wouldn’t go back to buy it the day after if it isn’t available now. I guess I have no choice but to go clean now…

In the meantime, I will wait for the next window of opportunity – maybe it’ll come sooner than I think!

3 comments:

  1. LOL Janna, hey maybe it was a sign of some kind. You could have broken your ankle or something since it's been so long since your last workout! Just kidding, I'm on the exercise bandwagon too and I hope I can stick to it, today was day 3 for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny...see you just weren't meant to go to the gym yesterday, your body knew it just not your brain.. You will probably get a better workout cleaning house anyway...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's funny it's closed. wonder why? but cleaning is good exercise, too! not fun, but you are moving!

    ReplyDelete