Monday, March 16, 2009

Let It Snow!

Last week, we visited DC for a few days. We timed our visit to coincide with the biggest snow storm of the season, which made it hard to get around. What did we do amid all that snow, you ask? Went out to eat! It doesn’t take much to keep us happy even when the weather misbehaves.

The highlight of our trip was a visit to our favorite tiny sushi restaurant that seats 20 tables at best. Look at all this delicious sushi roll goodness! The hand rolls in the background were incredible, as always.

Another day we stopped in for a quick lunch at Fish Market restaurant in Old Town Alexandria. I enjoyed a delicious Neptune Seafood Garden Salad with greens, spiced shrimp, crabettes (little bites of crab cake, as far as I could tell) and fresh fruit. It was served in a magnificent bowl shaped like a clam shell – isn’t it beautiful?

Since we were close to the water front, we took a quick stroll to see it. We didn’t stay long because it was windy and freezing, but I did enjoy this adorable snow man (who was missing an eye but still cute) and a dog whose whiskers were made from twigs. Genius! I was never this good at snow sculpting.

I very much enjoyed our brief encounter with the snow!

6 comments:

  1. What a fun time!! I love the photo of the snowman against the water!! GREAT post....and lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy cow. i must. have. sushi. for. lunch. slurp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!!

    Hi...I just gave you an award....see my blog for details...have fun!

    www.suesutton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, so not fair. there should be a rule that if you post photos of gorgeous food, you must send each reader a sample.

    steve and i went to our sushi place here friday night. it's good enough to curb my sushi cravings, but not quite as good as our place in atlanta. plus they put "community" ginger and wasabi bins on each table and don't exchange them between customers. you just that someone's putting their used chopsticks in there for more ginger. uck! i now ask for a side of ginger with my order.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm drooling... the sushi looks so good as does the salad. I just ate a Hot Pocket for lunch and would much rather of had sushi like that! You're going to make me crave sushi for the rest of the week now Janna!

    I love the snowman and his dog, nice work who ever did it. Making a snowman is harder than it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you enjoyed DC, despite the weather. The food looks delicious. Thank you for visiting inleaf last week.

    ReplyDelete