Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Let’s Talk Makeup: Submit Your Makeup-Related Questions!

When you were little, how many of you put on your mom’s lipstick when she wasn’t home? How excited were you to get your very own mascara? I definitely have come a long way with applying makeup since I first started using it, but I still have so many questions about the right products, colors and application techniques for my skin tone and features… I am sure you do too.

Jan, a professional makeup artist and one of the nicest and talented people I know, has graciously agreed to answer our questions right here on my blog!

I have come up with a list of my own questions, but would love to hear from you. What questions do you have? It could be anything from products and colors to application techniques to whatever else you’re curious about. Please leave a comment to this post by Wednesday, March 11, and I will add your question to the list! I am very excited about this great opportunity to get our questions answered by a real pro.

Ask away – Jan and I are looking forward to your questions!

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to know how to create the very dramatic "smoky eye" look that you see on models and celebrities. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy... that's what I was going to ask, LOL! I would love to know if Jan has any tips on using eye liner. For large eye do you line only the top or the bottom too. Also how to prevent it from smudging and what eye liners are best to use. Thanks Janna and Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh - fun idea! Thanks Janna!

    What's the best way to conceal undereye bags? Do you recommend a particular concealer? What's the best way to use it? I have fair skin and like a natural look, although I do use a little foundation, powder, and blush/bronzer. Thank you, Jan!

    (The bags are not from stress, water retention, weight issues, or lack of sleep. They always there, worse with bright light or squinting, and could only be removed by plastic surgery. Cucumbers, tea bags, and cold compresses do not make a difference.)

    ReplyDelete