Monday, March 30, 2009

A Perfect Spring Day

After days of rain and overcast skies, yesterday we finally had a perfect spring day – it was sunny and comfortably warm. Early afternoon we went for a long walk. We saw several trees covered in pink blossoms – a sure sign that spring is here to stay (or am I just telling myself that?).

I got a shot of a wasp who did not like being photographed as he proceeded to fly directly into my face, but I escaped without injuries.

We saw some turtles relaxing by the pond.

This is my favorite picture of the day – look at this turtle, comfortably stretched out in the sunshine!
We also saw some ducks nearby.

What a wonderful Sunday afternoon it was!

6 comments:

  1. Those are some great pics. I love the trees. And the turtles are great. I just blogged about 2 rescue turtles we released on our Texas wildlife property, if you want to check it out.

    http://KayzKreationz.blogspot.com
    http://KayzKreationz.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day!

    The flowers are beautiful. And those turtles are too cute! I've never seen them that big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you!! We had snow yesterday :( It was such a blah day here.

    Sounds like it was well deserved after days of rain. Those flowering trees are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for those beautiful pictures! So that's what spring looks like. It's nice to know that spring is happening somewhere. We still have our 3-foot layer of winter snow, no grass or buds or green anywhere. I'm sure it will happen but sometimes I need a reminder from "Outside".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are really great photos you captured Janna! I love cherry blossoms on trees, it always puts a smile on my face. I just love the photo with the turtle stretching out, too cute, he sure knows how to bask in the sun and live in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pictures. Could you possibly bottle some of that warm Spring and send it our way..I'm so tired of cold and sweaters all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete