Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday Receivables - Ceramics by Heather Knight

Lately I have had the urge to decorate, even though there is not a free wall at home. I think it’s because we are moving in just a few months, and I am ready for our new home!

I love to accessorize – pictures, vases and other home décor items turn a new place into a cozy home. I usually create highly textured oil paintings to match the furniture whenever we move – I love anything 3-D, and the more textured elements, the better! I have been eyeing Heather Knight’s incredible work ever since I first saw it in her Etsy shop a few months ago; not only is it plenty textured, but it is also nature-inspired!

While it is hard to pick out a favorite, I am in awe of this Micro Tile Succulent (top picture); it is also available in a larger size. This ceramic 3-d textured wall tile, Lichen (bottom picture) is also stunning! The raw beauty of this natural and unglazed porcelain makes it look clean and crisp, and I can just see how terrific it would look on a deep purple or navy blue wall.


How great would an entire collection of these beauties look in our new place?!

4 comments:

  1. I love your picks Janna! You find the most interesting things. Heather's creation are truly beautiful and have great dimension to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome! I think, rather than painting the tiles, they would look incredible kept white and displayed on a dark accent wall, like blue or brown or a deep, scrumptious red. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really great...I can see them up on the wall. And I think the colors you would blend them with would be stunning...

    ReplyDelete