Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tuesday Irreplaceables – Citrus Juicer

I think garlic and lemons or limes are the two ingredients we use most frequently in our cooking. I use fresh citrus juice for guacamole, as an ingredient in fish and meat (and even chicken) marinades and to make salad dressing. Husband sometimes puts fresh limes into smoothies and for his signature key lime pie!

I used to struggle and squeeze the juice by hand. I don’t have huge muscles, so it was hard for me to get all the juice out; besides, if I had a little cut, the juice always found its way to it and stung! Now, I don’t have to worry about it, thanks to this Progressive Citrus Juicer. It comes with two interchangeable juicer cones, which makes it suitable for large or small citrus fruits.

I got it at Ross Boutique for $2.99, and it’s one of the best kitchen investments I ever made! I have seen these at Bed, Bath and Beyond and other home goods stores for $5-6, so it’s definitely affordable if you use a lot of fresh citrus!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I own just about every kitchen gadget there is, but not one of these. I must get one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of these, works great and the kids also love using it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I am off to Ross that's for sure. I made a sauce with blood oranges and you want all the juice you can get...to expensive to waste any. Thanks for the info.
    On a another note I have tagged you with the Kreativ Blogger award. Go to my blog for the rules..have fun with it....

    ReplyDelete