Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday Irreplaceables – Cute Rubber Gloves!

My grandmother says that a woman’s hands and neck are what gives away her age. There isn’t much you can do about wrinkles on your neck except cover it as much as possible and use sun block to avoid sun damage, although I have heard that now there is plastic surgery for necks, too… but I don’t know about that. I personally don’t get why someone would want to look younger than her age anyway, but that’s just me. I digress… In addition to being exposed to the sun, our hands are subject to abuse from cleaning supplies. To keep your hands looking good and protect them from the chemicals we encounter while cleaning and doing dishes, it is a good idea to wear gloves when doing household chores. I personally don’t like the way my hands feel after regular latex gloves, and they are so short that water gets in them and makes the whole experience even more unpleasant.

The day I got my wisdom teeth taken out, I turned to shopping online (what else can you do when you are in pain, on bed rest and can’t eat?). My find was these adorable Pink Polka Dot Gloveables! They arrived shortly after I placed the order, and I have used them to protect my hands from chemicals – they are fantastic! I love how stylish I look when I clean, and these gloves are nice and long, so water doesn’t get inside, and my forearms are protected. There are multiple designs, all adorable – see for yourself! In fact, I am thinking of getting another pair for the kitchen for when I have a lot of dishes to do. These gloves are $13.95, but I have seen similar ones at Ross boutique for as little as $3.99. Think I’ll pick up a pair next time I am there!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...those gloves almost make me want to clean...almost. They are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how pink they are and the polka dot skirt on them, too cute!

    ReplyDelete