Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tuesday Irreplaceables – It’s all about the Eyes!

Jan’s makeup tips from a few days ago inspired me to share my two favorite eye makeup products with you!

I don’t use mascara often at all, but when I do, it’s BADgal Lash Mascara by Benefit Cosmetics! I’ve tried a bunch of different brands and types, and this one is my favorite. I love everything about it – the name, the thickness and fullness it gives my lashes, and that it comes off just fine with gentle eye makeup remover (waterproof ones stay on for weeks, and even then I have to scrub it off with a Brillo pad!). You can purchase it for $19 at Sephora. I have only used the rich black one, but it also comes in deep blue violet and deep plum.

Another terrific product is shu uemura Eyelash Curler. Again, I don’t use it often, but when I do, my eyes really open up, and my lashes look fantastic! Jan introduced me to it and told me that shu uemura’s curlers are top of the line. A note about eyelash curlers. My friend thinks they look like medieval torturing devices. I don’t think they’re quite that bad, but I was a bit nervous when I first started using mine. I was paranoid about being provoked to suddenly jerk my arm while curling my lashes (by, say, a loud fire alarm), and having all my eye lashes come out as a result. Not a pretty visual, I know. I can assure you that this has never happened, and all my lashes are still intact! Anyway, I just love this particular one, and highly recommend it. It is available for $19 at Sephora as well. You’d be surprised what a difference it makes! I only have the patience to hold the curler for 10 seconds per eye, and it’s plenty, while the directions suggest 20-30 seconds per eye, if I remember correctly.

Now it’s your turn! Share your favorite makeup products with us!

1 comment:

  1. Great post Janna! I've been looking for a good eye lash curler for a while now, the one that I have is just a cheap Revlon one and it does nothing for me. I'll be going to Sephora very soon, thanks!

    ReplyDelete