Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wednesday Multi-Usables – A French Press

Whether you are a tea or coffee drinker, this handy device will prepare the most delicious cup of tea or coffee in five minutes! It is a must for our kitchen.
We got a Bodum French press for our wedding and use it daily. In fact, we got rid of our coffee maker last week! A good cup of coffee is crucial for me in the morning, and the French press brews the most delicious full-bodied coffee from coarsely ground beans.

If you like tea, the French press is excellent for loose tea leaves! I got the most delicious loose white and green tea with Jasmine, and have been brewing it on cold winter nights. Delicious! I am sure it will work with regular tea bags as well; you will probably need to adjust the brewing time downward as black tea can get pretty strong after five minutes of brewing.

If you don’t want to spend $39.95 on a Bodum, you can purchase a decent French press for less than half the price at Ross boutique, TJ Maxx or Marshalls. Ours makes about four cups (or two very large cups, or eight very tiny cups). I’ve also seen the tiny one-cup presses that are just adorable! I think I’ll look around for one next time I am at a store, because the only thing better than one French press is two French presses!

3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting a French press ever since Oprah started raving about them on her "Favorite Things" show. The power of Oprah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a coffee drinker but I do love the smell of coffee and I like to have it for guests. This is a great alternative to having an ugly coffee machine, I've always loved the way they look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought to brew tea in a French Press, what a great idea..Thank you.

    ReplyDelete