Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thursday Edibles – Chicken Marsala

On Friday, I felt like cooking something new – sometimes I get tired of the same old recipes. I went searching for ideas to my favorite culinary place in the entire world – Wegmans.com. As usual, it did not let me down! I found a few recipes to try out, and cooked this delicious Chicken Marsala recipe (with a few adaptations reflected in the below version) for dinner that night. You’ll be surprised how quick and easy it is! I served it with steamed broccoli – what a light and delicious meal it was!

Ingredients (serves 4)
4 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil
12-16 oz sliced wild mushrooms
1/2 small onion, sliced
3-4 tbsp Marsala wine (I got mine at Trader Joe's. They had dry and sweet; I got the sweet.)
1 pkg (11 oz) beef culinary gravy*
1 tbsp minced Italian parsley (flat leaf)

Preparation
Season chicken slices with salt and pepper.

Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in pan on HIGH, until oil faintly smokes; add chicken and onions. Cook until chicken turns slightly brown, turn and continue to sear until second side has browned. Transfer chicken and onions to clean platter; set aside.

Heat remaining oil in pan on MEDIUM-HIGH, until oil faintly smokes. Add mushrooms. Cook, stirring 8 min. Remove pan from heat; add wine. Return to heat. Cook, stirring about 2 min to reduce liquids by half. Whisk in gravy* and parsley.

Return chicken to pan and cook everything together for another 3-4 min on MEDIUM, until the chicken is heated through.

Serve with a side of your choice!

*I did not have any gravy so I used 4 tbsp butter instead. I added the butter right before adding mushrooms to the pan.

4 comments:

  1. Yum, yum, yum!!! We would love this, and it sounds easy to make . . . bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd like to order 2 please, to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to have you over for dinner sometime Janna, LOL the only thing is that you would be cooking! You have and find the greatest recipes, this is another that I will definitely make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Janna, I did end up making this recipe and it was great! Much thanks! -- Samar

    ReplyDelete