Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thursday Edibles – Olive Oil and Parmesan Cheese Dip

Today’s recipe is not really a recipe; nor is it a dip. It’s a neat little trick I learned at my favorite Italian restaurant! Sneaky, I know – but you’ll love it next time you’re making Italian food for dinner!

Most restaurants give you bread to snack on before your meal comes. Some even pour some olive oil to dip the bread. It’s good, but here is something that will make it taste even better: freshly grated Parmesan cheese! Add it to the olive oil, dip a slice of fresh bread into the mixture, and enjoy!

Here is what to do:

Pour extra-virgin olive oil into a small dish;
Grate 1-2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and add it to the olive oil;
Sprinkle the mixture with fresh cracked black pepper;
Serve with slices of bread.

It takes about 2 minutes to prepare and tastes wonderful!

3 comments:

  1. I agree! Totally delicious! I've been cutting Italian bread slices, topping them with olive oil, pepper, & parm and heating/broiling them. Yummy! The little bits of parm that fall off the bread into the olive oil and get crispy are so yummy. I think Baked Parmesan Crisps will be my next indulgent treat. mmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks yummy and I have everything to make it! I know what I'm having for a snack today! In Maltese we call this "hobz bil zate" which means bread with oil. It's a favorite European snack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bread is good period but even better with dips and spreads.

    ReplyDelete