Thursday, April 2, 2009

To Keep or Not to Keep?

More than two years ago, after another yet hair dryer died, I purchased a professional one. I spent a pretty penny on it, and it was every bit worth it – I loved how much fuller and shinier my hair looked, and how much quicker it dried.

The other day, I turned on the dryer, and all of a sudden smoke started coming out of it, and it got quiet. I turned it off, waited a little and turned it back on - it worked on the cool and low heat settings, but not the high-heat one I usually use. I went straight to my computer and ordered the exact same dryer as a replacement immediately.

After an hour, I went to try out my dryer again just in case. What do you know – it was working again! It has worked flawlessly ever since.

Here is the dilemma: the new hair dryer showed up today. Do I keep it or return it?

4 comments:

  1. ooh, that's a tough one. me... i'd constantly worry that the old one would catch on fire while i was blowdrying my hair, then catch my hair on fire, then the drapes, ... but that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd probably keep it. I'd be afraid that as soon as I returned it the dryer would go kapoot for good. But if I kept it, my dryer would actually last for years and by the time it finally died I'd have forgotten about the replacement and I'd buy a new one.

    But that's just me thinking too much, like normal. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep it. I like to keep 'extra' just to play safe. haha. Paranoid me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would keep it and store it for later if this one dies. or you could give it away to a friend as a gift or as a contest on your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete