Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday Irreplaceables – A Web Browser with Good Memory!

Despite being born in the century of technology and scientific progress, I am not as up-to-date on the latest gadgets. I don’t have (and don’t want to have) an iPhone or a Blackberry, and I am probably the only person left in the world who doesn’t own an iPod.

Moving on to my laptop, it’s a 20-lb Dell Inspiron that was born in the stone age as far as computers go – February of 2004! It has had all sorts of upgrades and replacements. It works fine most of time, albeit a tad slow. It shuts off in the most inopportune moments when the temperature gets too high (for instance, it shut off just a little while ago when I was studying for my exam); it needs a new fan. Other than that, no major complaints!

Until today, I STILL hadn’t upgraded my Internet Explorer to the one where you can have multiple windows open in the same browser. (Computer Police, please don’t arrest me!). Then instead of studying for the said exam, I decided I couldn’t wait another femtosecond – I needed a new browser, right there and then. I was choosing between three kinds:

1. Yahoo’s Mozilla Firefox
2. Apple’s Safari
3. Google’s Chrome

I ended up going with Firefox, although I’ve used Safari before and have heard really great things about Chrome. I LOVE my new Firefox browser! I can’t believe I hadn’t done it when it first came out! It remembers the sites I visit, and I don’t have to type in my Etsy and e-mail passwords a hundred times a day like I used to. Love it! I’d say go ahead and get one, but you’ve probably been using one of these for a gazillion years already. :)

6 comments:

  1. lol! I'm with you on the no ipod, iphone or blackberry, but I have been using chrome for a couple months now and really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gonna check it out.. such a google girl
    love your jewels...
    wonderful blog...
    have a great week
    mona & the girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are funny Janna! You might be surprised to know that you are not the only one who's not up on the latest tech toys. I don't have a Crackberry, IPod or Iphone either, and I work for a tech company!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nope, janna, you're not alone. i have no ipod. i do have firefox though and love it. steve works for t-mobile and every year gets a few free phones, so he upgrades me (just one i've learned the old one!) i'm about to send you an email about my horrible day yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have an iPod or any of the others, either. I have a basic, old cell phone that I use rarely and I can't stand to see people everywhere consumed with conversations on their cells or, worse yet, on those little Bluetooth ear thingies. (I hate those!) But I have been using Firefox for years and I love it!!! Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit that I do have an iPhone and an iPod. I love my phone because of all the pictures it can hold, I actually don't talk on it much but I have just started using the iCal, which is the calendar on it and it's been great. My poor iPod is hardly ever used, that'll be going to one of my boys soon. I love technology but try not too rely on it too much. I'm a Mac fiend but I try not to let it get to my head, LOL! Firefox is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete