Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday Wearables – Custom Bridal Jewelry

Wedding season is upon us! Did you know that our wedding inspired jaC Jewelry? I enjoyed making my own wedding favors and thank you cards, and jaC Jewelry was born shortly after - on the plane home from Paris (where we spent our honeymoon). One of the ideas we came up with was making a custom bridal jewelry line! I love working with brides to create timeless mementos that make terrific gifts to the bridesmaids.

My concept for bridal jewelry is to design classic versatile pieces that both the bride and her bridesmaids can wear for years after the wedding. Pearls and Swarovski crystals are two of my favorite wedding jewelry components – they are delicate, classic and versatile. The free shape keshi pearls in particular are amazingly beautiful and romantic, and what I love about them is that no two pearls are ever the same. For Stephanie’s engagement, I created a bracelet and earrings set using white keshi pearls and faceted amazonite beads. It came out soft and pretty, just as I had envisioned. The set contrasts Stephanie’s dark curly hair and brown eyes. It will look fantastic with a sleeveless gown or a casual outfit.

While this set is not available for sale as Stephanie is already enjoying it, these delicate white keshi pearl earrings are wonderful bridal accents.

These exquisite Swarovski crystal and sterling silver earrings have enough sparkle to dazzle without overpowering the bride’s look.

This striking lariat made with white Biwa and keshi pearls and blue Swarovski crystals will look stunning with a tube top or a V-neck halter style gown.

Now, if you love jaC Jewelry, there is no need to run off and get married – but if you want to anyway, I won’t stop you. :)

3 comments:

  1. cute post, janna. love the swarovski and sterling silver earrings. boy, you're productive on a plane ride. i'm either sleeping, eating, or worrying (mainly about... is that drink cart gonna move so i can make my bathroom run before they put the seat belt sign on?).

    have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All are stunning pieces...I think making wedding wear is such fun....Your work as always is fantastic....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- that bracelet is beautiful. I love those colors together.

    ReplyDelete