Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday Wearables – Necklaces Featuring Maku Studio Pendants

When I first joined Etsy, I spotted an item from Marianne Kasparian’s shop, Maku Studio, on the front page. (By the way, Marianne’s friends call her Mak). I was immediately intrigued by it, and went to visit her shop. I was amazed how beautiful and unique Mak’s pieces were! She uses the raku process to create the most amazing color combinations that have a natural feel. To learn more about the raku process and read Mak’s biography, click here.

I contacted Mak and asked her to make a few custom pendants for me so that I could use them in my jewelry. When I asked for specific colors, Mak said that she would do her best, but the raku process is unpredictable – you never quite know what color you’re going to get. This exciting unpredictability sealed my love for raku and Mak’s work!

Here are the three pieces that feature Mak’s one-of-a-kind pendants and focal pieces! Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

You know my obsession with frame beads… Here is a gorgeous Smoky Elegance Bracelet - Faceted Smoky Quartz and Sterling Silver Bracelet with Handmade Raku Bead that features the focal “frame bead” that Mak created for me recently!

Raku Pendant and Smoky Quartz Bracelet 3I love the unique design and colors of the pendant in The Sun of Jupiter Necklace - White Rice Pearl Necklace with Raku Pendant.

White Rice Pearl Necklace with Black Raku Pendant 2The natural colors of the Peaches and Cream Necklace - Pale Purple Rice Pearls and White Keshi Pearls Necklace with Raku Pendant are soft yet striking.

Peach and Keshi Pearl Necklace with Raku Pendant 1Be sure to visit Mak’s shop – I know you’ll love it as much as I do!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Janna for featuring my work in your Friday Wearables! I love what you do with my raku and especially love the new bracelet you created! It's people like you who inspire me to keep doing what I love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you two make quite a team! love her work and love what you did with them, janna. pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had not heard of raku before, what an amazing process. Thanks so much for sharing Mak with us!

    ReplyDelete