Sunday, May 17, 2009

Impromptu Strawberry Picking!

A week or two Husband read somewhere that strawberries were in season. I asked if he’d Google where we could go strawberry picking, and 20 minutes later we were in the car going to Page Farms in Raleigh! It was such a great day, and we had a blast picking strawberries!

Here are the rules, but I am sure nobody reads them.

Here are the orderly rows of berries – I love how neat they are!

Here is my progress; the whole experience took at most 20 minutes.

We are proud owners of over 10 lb of freshly picked strawberries! At a $1.35/lb, it is a pretty good deal.

I asked if there were any eggs or fresh milk, and we got a dozen of fresh farm eggs! I used them to make this terrific breakfast.

4 comments:

  1. How fun! I love fresh fruit right from the plant.

    Enjoy your strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Supermarket strawberries can never compare to ripe, freshly picked. My mom used to drag us kids strawberry picking every summer and we complained the whole time. Now that I don't live anywhere near strawberry farms, I sure miss it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL ~ "TASTE BUT DON'T GRAZE" ~ they wrote that rule for people like me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun, love the taste but don't graze write up... if I took Owen with me that might be a problem, we don't call him "snack time" for nothing.

    ReplyDelete