Saturday, May 2, 2009

Saturday Receivables – A White Purse

I never cared much for white back in high school and college, but over the last not-so-few years it has become one of my favorite colors, especially for the summer!

I was searching around for a quality white leather bag, and think I will head to TJ Maxx or Marshalls when I am ready to buy. They have the styles I like, and the prices are reasonable. Until then, let’s take a look at two beauties that are way out of my price range, but I can dream, right?

The first one is (pictured above) a beautiful Marc by Marc Jacobs Picnic Tobo, available at Zappos.com. It is pricey at $497.95, but think of all the money you’ll save on free shipping both ways (if you don’t like it, ship it back for free). :)

The second one is a crisp Kate Spade Tamarind Cove Kyle, $239, also from Zappos. I usually am not in awe of a lot of any kind of metallic accents, but this cotton tote with metallic cowhide trim is beautiful! I love the style, and the bag looks roomy! Cotton is harder to keep clean than leather; if you’re concerned about getting it too dirty too fast, these are available in red as well. You get the same shipping deal as above. :)

3 comments:

  1. Cute bags. But I am SO cheap! I just can't imagine spending insane amounts of money on shoes or handbags. I found a great spring hobo bag in green multi print at Wal-Mart recently and I love it. (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10770123) It's big enough to hold all our stuff and at just $10, if the kids spill finger paints or a juice box all over it, it's no huge loss. And this way, I can buy a new one every few months without breaking the bank!

    ReplyDelete
  2. White + Me = Disaster waiting to happen

    But I do so love the clean crispness of white!! And I looooovvveee that Kate Spade bag. xoxo

    ReplyDelete