Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Adult Supervision Needed

Last week we went to Maple View Farm because we heard they produce ice cream. Have I told you I love ice cream? The funny thing is, I don’t care for it in the winter, but as soon as it’s hot out, I crave ice cream. Husband has a really bad case of sweet tooth; he eats ice cream no matter what season.

Let me tell you, the ice cream produced on this farm is most delicious! Here is Husband modeling a Cookies and Cream cone for you. (He was giving me looks because I was taking my time taking these pictures, and he just wanted to get on with it and eat his ice cream. I don’t blame him.)

We discovered all kinds of dairy goodness at the Maple View Farm Country Store, including fresh butter, milk and cheese! Without even thinking about it, we bought a healthy portion (1 lb to be precise) of butter. We worried it would melt on the way home, but it didn’t.

Then we realized we only have a little over two weeks until the big move. We are definitely NOT going to use all that butter by then. Just what are we going to do with all this butter?! Maybe what we need is adult supervision, as we are incapable of making forward-looking decisions when we go shopping…

7 comments:

  1. oh that looks so good! I love ice cream... My favorite is black raspberry with dark chocolate... mmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soooo jealous! I loved going there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing better than freshly made ice cream from a dairy!! Looks like a fun outing you guys had :) Hmmm . . . what to do with all that butter?? Bake some cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, looks good! i prefer my ice cream melted. i know doesn't make sense but it's really too cold for my teeth when it's frozen. butter... can you bake something that uses a lot of butter (maybe pound cake?) and give to neighbors. pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps did you change your header? i like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun day! I would've been a sucker for the cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, Stacy, cookies were the first thing that came to my mind to do with all that butter! What a fun thing to do, I wish we had something like that around me, the kids would love it.

    ReplyDelete