Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Beautiful Magnolias

I did not realize how early magnolias bloom in the South! I remember waiting until June or even later for the beautiful large blossoms to open up in MD. Here in Durham they started to blossom in May! They have the prettiest scent.

Note to those who have allergies: do NOT put your nose too close to the center of the flower to smell them! I did that, and was in Sinus Hell for a full day. They sure smelled pretty, but in the end, I’m not sure it was worth it. :)

4 comments:

  1. I love magnolia's. Those are really pretty. I've tried them a couple of times here where I live in Texas, but haven't been successful, yet. I was told they need lots of water, so that may be where I'm going wrong. May try again. Love your pics. Sorry about your sinus'.
    http://KayzKreationz.blogspot.com
    http://KayzKreationz.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor you and those allergies! i love magnolias. my neighbor in florida had an old, huge magnolia tree. so pretty when in bloom. pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I get to see them every once in a while here in MD, but not quite as early as i the south. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnolia's are so beautiful but like you they bug my nose. It starts to tingle and I get the feeling like I'm going to sneeze but I can't. I love looking at them though :)

    ReplyDelete