Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thursday Drinkables – Lychee Martinis

As promised earlier this week, here is a recipe for the most delicious martini ever – lychee! Never heard of lychee fruit? Don’t worry, I hadn’t either until I had one of these cocktails a few years ago. Recently Husband learned how to make them – just for me – and I’ve been enjoying them every so often. According to Husband, those martini glasses can be tricky (he says the martinis spill if you look at them wrong), but I call it on operator error. I know all you ladies out there will have no problems handling them. ;)

What you’ll need is a martini shaker and a can of Lychee fruit in syrup as shown in the first picture. You can find it at Asian markets.

Ingredients*
2 shots vodka
1 shot triple sec
8 tablespoons lychee syrup (adjust to taste - the sweeter you like your martinis, the more syrup you should add)
3 canned lychee fruits

Preparation
Combine all ingredients except the canned fruits in a martini shaker. Add ice cubes until the shaker is ¾ full.

Shake for 30 seconds to a minute, pour into martini glasses, add canned fruit and serve!

To add a little color, you can add a little pomegranate or cranberry juice.

5 comments:

  1. I'm taking this recipe with me to Florida next week :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great.. I'm feeling thirsty!

    Rheea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could use one of these right now, send Bert over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I could take a sip from that glass right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love lychees! These look divine!

    ReplyDelete