Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thursday Edibles – Spicy Orange Beef

I got this recipe from Food Network and changed it up as shown below. It calls for tangerines, but I couldn’t find them (I suppose they were out of season), so I used oranges instead. I also used olive oil instead of canola. What a delicious and flavorful dish!

Ingredients
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 pound flank steak or tri-tip, cut in thin strips on the bias
2 tablespoons dry sherry
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce (I had black bean sauce on hand, so I used that instead)
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
3 scallions, chopped
1/4 orange, zested
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds

Directions
In a resealable plastic bag combine the soy sauce and cornstarch and mix well. Add beef, cover, and let marinate for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.

Whisk together the sherry, hoisin, honey, chili sauce, soy sauce, and orange juice until completely combined.

In large pan or wok, heat oil on high. Add the ginger and beef and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add sauce mixture and cook for another 2 minutes on medium heat until sauce thickens. Serve on warm platter, garnish with scallions, orange zest and sesame seeds.

I served it with edamame because Husband is carb-conscious; this would be delicious with rice!

2 comments:

  1. this is one i'm gonna have to try. it looks so good and simple. thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy, I will be trying it soon! I love your photo of it, thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete