Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tuesday Irreplaceables – Union Square Farmers Market

One of our favorite things to do in NYC is go to Union Square Farmers Market, especially in the summer. Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, vendors from local farms sell fruits and veggies that are in season, meats, eggs, milk, cheese, fresh flowers and herbs, bread, cookies and more – all fresh and locally grown/made! The last few times we went, it was raining; I will be sure to get some pictures for you next time we go, so you can see it for yourself.

When we were settled in enough to be able to cook at home, we went to the market and got fresh produce. Here is the first salad I made in our new home using ingredients from the market!

Here is young garlic; it is wonderfully fragrant (if you like garlic, that is). :)

This is a baby greens mix I got the other day – love all the fresh flower blossoms in it! It looks so pretty that I don’t want to use it!

We also tried sundried tomato and chardonnay sausage and ground beef, and both were terrific.

3 comments:

  1. You know how I love a Farmer's Market ;) If I lived in NYC, I would want to go here everyday. Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's even more fantastic is that you're within walking distance! You're getting exercise in and eating healthy, way to go NY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, 4 days a week. great. that would prompt me to eat well... i'd hope. pam

    ReplyDelete