Friday, July 3, 2009

I Loved Her the Minute I Held Her

Meet Ruby, our new kitten! We got her at this shelter three days ago. The second I saw her, I knew I’d take her home. By the time we were done with all adoption paperwork, it started raining hard, so she got to come home in a taxi!

She is three months old and very playful! She didn’t hide when she got home and started to explore and run around right away. While skittish on the first day, she was comfortable with us picking her up the next day. I have the hardest time taking her pictures – she moves so fast! Here are a few I did manage to take.

Ruby loves to play with her new toys! She carries the lady bug around in her mouth everywhere she goes. She also loves to play with shoe strings. The tip of her tail is red – you can see it in the last picture!

Here is Husband holding her while she’s sleeping. More to come!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! What a cutie! I love those big ears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! I'm really happy to finally see her :o) Congrats and enjoy all the love she'll give you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, she´s adorable. You will really enjoy her. And it's wonderful that you were able to rescue her from a shelter.
    http://KayzKreationz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is adorable! What a sweet little companion :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. how cute! maybe cali and ruby can be pen pals?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg, she's a darling! I'm glad you took her back from the shelter. I can see her so happy with your family!

    Rheea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janna she is precious! I love her coat it looks so soft. I'm sure you are going to spoil her and she will love you for it! I hope I can meet her someday!

    ReplyDelete