Monday, July 27, 2009

Love

One of Husband’s least favorite things to do is go bead shopping with me. He gets bored quickly while I spend hours looking at beads, so I usually don’t take him along when I go.

Yesterday I really wanted to attend a gem show. I had never been to one, and there won’t be another in NYC any time soon. During breakfast, I mentioned that I didn’t have anyone to go to the show with me. “I’ll go with you,” he said.

We walked there for over 30 minutes in the 90+ degree heat. While I spent well over an hour (but probably close to two) shopping for beads, he sat on the bench and read his book. He did not complain or try to rush me – just waited patiently. Then we walked back for another 30 some minutes, and by the time we had lunch it was several hours overdue. Again, no complaints.

It was one of the sweetest things he had ever done for me. That’s what true love is. :)

5 comments:

  1. That IS love!! What a guy :) Tony goes to bead shops with me, but I think his patience would get the best of him after that long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! I wish I had known about the bead show as I'm looking for some specific pieces..darn! Oh well, maybe next time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, what a great guy! (Sounds like the reverse with hubby RV shopping/browsing for hours and me following along with my book - lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. how sweet! he's a keeper... but i'm sure you know that already. pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hubby is a sweetie alright! I'm so glad you went to the show to see what it's like! I went to a show on Saturday and spent 7 1/2 hours there, I don't think any man can last that long at a bead show :) I was exhausted at the end myself!

    ReplyDelete