Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thursday Drinkables – Mint Iced Tea with Maple Syrup!

Last summer I bought a glass of the most delicious iced tea! I liked it so much that I decided to make my own using the same ingredients; I have made it multiple times since then, and it is incredible! Last weekend I bought some fresh herbs (rosemary and peppermint) at the farmers market, and was really excited to use the mint leaves to make tea for the first time this summer!
Here is the recipe – it has become an absolute favorites!

Ingredients
Boiled water (50 oz)
10-12 fresh mint leaves
1/8 cup maple syrup (adjust this amount depending on how sweet you like your tea)
1 Twinnings English Breakfast tea bag

Preparation
Boil water. Place fresh mint leaves and maple syrup in a large mug.

Add the tea bag, enough hot water to fill the mug, stir and let the contents sit for 5-10 minutes.

Pour the contents into a pot and add the rest of the hot water. Let sit until the tea cools. Serve on a hot summer day!

2 comments:

  1. That looks very refreshing!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live for iced tea in the summer, this sound like a recipe that I will have to try! Thanks for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete