Monday, August 24, 2009

jaC Procures at Rick's Picks - Smokra!

This weekend we discovered a new vendor at Union Square Farmers Market - Rick's Picks! They are at the market year-round, and I cannot believe it has taken us this long to stop by their booth. We sampled five or six of their offerings, and are now hooked! While everything we tried was unique and delicious, we immediately decided that our first purchase would be Smokra.

What is Smokra, you ask? It is pickled okra with smoked paprika! What a unique delicious taste with a bite. Just love it! Mean Beans have a kick to them and will make a great Christmas present to my brother-in-law; it is already on our list of future purchases.

The best part? You don't have to go to the market to shop Rick's Picks - you can place an order right on their website and have the delicious pickled goodness shipped to you!

2 comments:

  1. Mr. V. would love "Smokra". I'll have to check out the website ~ always love to support the indie food companies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious, I think I love just about anything veggie that's pickled. I will definitely be checking that website out, thanks Janna!

    ReplyDelete