Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday Unreasonables - You Can Call Us, or You Can E-mail Us and THEN Call Us

When I started my new job, I was setting up online accounts for benefits, pension plans, etc. One website already had my info (great), but the address on file was my old address. After looking around for a few minutes, I did not figure out how to change it. I looked through FAQ and found no answer.

I clicked on "Help". It said: "You can call us at XYZ number, or you can e-mail us your question by filling out the below form, and we'll e-mail you the answer."

Great! I don't know about you, but I don't like calling customer service unless I absolutely have to. Given that I was at work, and given that these types of service companies have long waits to speak to someone, I did not want to be stuck on hold forever.

I filled out the form, clearly stated my question and hit "Submit".

In another 24 hours, I get an e-mail back:

"Thank you for contacting Anonymous Service Company! We are available to answer your questions at XYZ number.

Thank you for contacting Anonymous Service Company!"

Yes, it thanked me twice for contacting them. Yes, it gave me the same phone number I saw on the website the day before. What you see above is pretty much the word for word replica of the e-mail I received.

This was humorously unreasonable, I thought.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, how very pleasant they put it that you need to call in. You gotta wonder about these companies sometimes and who's running them!

    ReplyDelete