Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thursday Edibles – Cucumber, Basil and Sweet Chili Sauce Salad

I found this recipe on the side of the sweet chili sauce bottle. It sounded good, so I gave it a try. I LOVE it! It is so refreshing and flavorful, and is perfect for the summer. I've made it several times already, and I am sure I'll be making it again! Here is the recipe; I don't stick to the exact amounts - I cut everything up and add a little more of this or that based on the taste. :) Did I mention it takes five minutes to make?

Ingredients
2 medium cucumbers, peeled, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
1/3 cup red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2-3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
2 tablespoons basil, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons red onions, diced
salt and black pepper to taste
2-3 tablespoons unsalted peanuts, chopped

Preparation
Combine cucumbers, bell pepper, lime juice, sweet chili sauce, basil, onion, and salt and pepper in a medium bowl.

Refrigerate for 1 hour.

Sprinkle with peanuts before serving.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful. I love chili sauce and lime juice. Yum! I just bookmarked this post. Have to try this when we get back from our trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. peanuts, huh? didn't expect those in here. i'll have to try it. pam

    ReplyDelete