Monday, September 14, 2009

The Big Apple is so Big...

and yet so small. On Day 2 of moving here, Husband and I decided to take a break from unpacking and went to grab some lunch. It was the first time I went outside since we got to NY, and it was 3-4pm in the afternoon - not your typical lunch hour. TWO blocks away from our apartment, I see a college friend whom I hadn't seen since her wedding a few years ago. She works in the city but lives in NJ.

Last Friday afternoon, we were crossing the street in a relatively quiet area of the city. I saw a couple who looked familiar and recognized the girl as my friend's cousin. This friend lives nowhere near NYC, but I do know that her cousin and her husband lived in NYC. I assumed they still do. I e-mailed my friend to tell her that I saw her cousin, and it turns out that the cousin and her husband no longer live here - they happened to be visiting NYC that weekend!

Small world, isn't it?

1 comment: