Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Cold Remedy that Works (for me)

Regular cold medicine makes me nauseous and does not seem to help anyway. A few years ago, when I started coming down with a cold, my boss gave me Coricidin - a decongestant-free medication for people with high blood pressure. While I don't have high blood pressure, it works like a charm for me! I don't get the nausea, and actually feel better after 1-2 tablets. The only downside is that it makes me a bit drowsy, but I'm willing to put up with that!

What cold remedies work for you?

1 comment:

  1. I use anything with Zinc in it. My favorite is Zicam, but Cold-Eeze and Airborne and just plain zinc lozenges work. Zinc is an immune system booster, so it helps my body fight the bug. Plus, I can take it with traditional cold medicine if I need to.

    ReplyDelete