Saturday, October 31, 2009

I’ve been Tagged

The title should really read something like: "I was tagged a looooong time ago." I just discovered this on Monica's blog, though, and figured better late than never! :)

What is your current obsession?
Lampwork beads! (Buying them, not making them). Take a look at my shop in another two weeks or so, and you will see what I mean. Just earlier this week, I posted three pieces that incorporate lampwork beads, and I've got several sets on the way!

What is your weirdest obsession?
David Bowie! His music is weird, but I absolutely LOVE it.

What are you wearing today?
A wool dress and my Hunter rain boots.

What’s for dinner?
Street meat! Wondering what it is? One night every week, Husband picks up dinner at a Halal cart. There are multiple Halal carts all over NYC streets; apparently this one is the best (although we've never tried it)! He usually gets a delicious foot-long cheese steak, and I am lucky enough to steal a few bites of it. :)

What is your favourite book?
Catch-22 is one of them.

What’s the last thing you bought?
A ton of lampwork beads on Etsy! See, I wasn't lying about my current obssession.

What are you listening to right now?
My kitty playing with blinds.

What is your favourite ice-cream flavour?
Green tea!

What do you think of the person who tagged you?
Monica is one of the nicest, warmest people I've ever met! The funny thing is, we've never actually met in person, but I am sure my impression of her won't change if/when we do!

If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
Does it have to be only one house? One would be a charming little apartment in Paris, and the other would be a small cottage in a tiny French village. I'll take a condo in NYC as well... That makes it three, but if they're paid for, I might as well get several, right?!

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour where would you go?
China. My friend is leaving for China tonight for good, and I am very, very sad.

Which language do you want to learn?
French.

What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?
A black dressy skirt by Laundry by Shelli Segal. It's romantic, pretty and timeless. It is the most I have ever spent on a piece of clothing (other than my wedding dress) - it wasn't on sale, so I paid full price for it four years ago. It was an emergency purchase for a very important event that I did not anticipate attending until the night before. I still love it so!

If you had a £100 now, what would you spend it on?
Shoes!

Describe your personal style?
Quirky and quick-witted. Or are we talking about clothes?

What are you going to do after this?
Get on the train and go see my friend before she leaves for China. :(

What are your favourite movies?
I don't watch a lot of them... I loved "Girl with a Pearl Earring".

What is your favourite fruit?
Raspberries.

What inspires you?
Nature and the bead shops in NYC.

What is your dream job?
Hmmm... Haven't figured it out! I love what I do now, so this may be it!

What is stopping you?
Nothing!

What is your favorite season of the year?
Spring and autumn. Summer is too hot, winter can be too cold...

Something about yourself that makes no sense?
At my day job, I work with numbers... Lots of numbers. My job is very analytical. I have degrees in science and finance. People at work would never expect me to be creative, and people who know me through my jewelry are surprised to hear what I do at my day job.

What do you do when nobody is around?*
Wonder why nobody is around.

The rules:
1. Respond and rework; answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own. (I added the last question market with an asterisk. I also took out a few questions to which I couldn't think of an answer. :))
2. Tag other people.

I am tagging:

Alison
Stacy
Pam
Eve

3 comments:

  1. "The Girl With The Pearl Earring" book is great, too.

    Yep, your day job surprises me. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, just found that I've been tagged! Great reading and learning more about you Janna! Okay, I will do my best to post my answers sometime this week.

    P.S. Your job does not surprise me at all, we have yet another thing in common. I've been creative my whole life yet I'm fascinated by numbers and business structure. Creativity must be our outlet and release, in our otherwise structured lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're an interesting gal, Janna!

    ReplyDelete