Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Surprise from Husband

We've been together for nearly five years now, and Husband still manages to surprise me now and then.

A few weeks ago, I expressed interest in an umbrella shown here. Husband said he'd buy it for me if he sees one.

On a completely unrelated note, we discussed a need for a new mop. Ours is an old-fashioned one, and it does not dry well at all between cleanings. Besides, apparently it is the wrong kind to use for our hardwood floors.

The other night, Husband said he bought me something. Excitedly, I yelled, "An umbrella?" Silence. "A mop?!" (I have NO idea why I was so thrilled about the prospect of getting a new mop).

He came out of the living room with a beautiful bouquet of sunflowers. "Would you have preferred a mop?", he asked.

We had a good laugh about it. I'd take flowers over a mop any day!

4 comments:

  1. How sweet! Good job, hubby!

    The sitcoms always seem to make fun of idiot husbands who buy "insulting" presents for their wives like exercise equipment or cleaning supplies, but I would be thrilled with a new vacuum or workout video. That kind of gift takes personalization, thought, and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweeeeet!! You are so lucky! No, I should say you both are so lucky to have each other. :) These sunflowers are gorgeouse.. I'm glad you didn't choose a mop over them.

    Rheea

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, the sunflowers are beautiful and what a very sweet thought it was for him to get them for you :)

    ReplyDelete