Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Elevator Speech

Elevators at work are in extreme shortage. The company is remodeling several, and has shut off a few more to cut costs. I work on a higher floor in a tall building, and there have been instances when the elevator has stopped on every single floor before getting to mine. By the time I wait for the elevator to come, then ride it all the way up with a stop on every floor along the way, it easily takes 10 minutes.

The cafeteria is on the second floor. What really annoys me is when people take the elevator from the first to the second floor (I am talking about young, healthy people - I know some of them personally, and they are perfectly capable of walking one flight of stairs). What annoys me even more is when people take the elevator from the second floor down to the first! Am I being unreasonable?

1 comment:

  1. No, you're not being unreasonable. I used to live in a dorm and people would take the elevator from the 2nd floor to the first. It really annoyed me - especially when I was running late!

    ReplyDelete