Monday, December 14, 2009

The Fruits of my Labor

For the last three months, I have been taking an entry-level jewelry fabrication class! Here are the fruits of my metalsmithing labor.

This pendant was the first project. I used a technique called metal piercing to create this nature-inspired branch pendant from sterling silver.

Next we made rings! I enjoyed making them the most. I made a new wedding band for Husband, because his is too big for him.

I also made matching rings for me and my sister and used a hammer to add a texture to the silver before polishing it. Mine is the same thickness as Husband's. Hers is a little thinner. It will be one of her presents for the holidays.

Next (and final) project was a chain! I made this bracelet, and making a toggle clasp was A LOT more difficult than I thought it would be. It took me about five times, but I did it. :)

Next up is wax carving - it starts in two months! Can't wait.

5 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!! Those look flawless ~ you are a natural :) Sounds like a very fun class. It's always good to broaden your horizons. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the fruits of your labor Janna! You are a natural and you have a great eye for beautiful things. A wax carving class, oh how exciting, can't wait to see what you create in that class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, your class sounds like so much fun! Absolutely love the tree pendant and bracelet. Are you going to add these new items to your shop?

    Rheea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Janna! You've created such beautiful pieces! Looking forward to seeing more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, i really like the bracelet. you know i'm a bracelet girl. love the rings too. good work, janna! pam

    ReplyDelete