Monday, December 21, 2009

Grand Idea (or I am bad in Math)

Lately I have been getting a little frustrated with the almost-constant mess that our apartment is. We both contribute to the mess, and it seems that once I clean the house, it only takes a day or two for it to fall into its usual disorganized self. What to do?

Eurika! Last week I got an idea: we would spend five minutes every night tidying things up before we go to sleep. I quickly did the math in my head: five times two times five (I gave us two days of slack) is FIFTY minutes! Imagine: we'd spend 50 minutes organizing this and that during the week, and the entropy that usually ensues in our household will certainly be diminished.

I sold this grand idea of mine to Husband, and he was on board.

To this day, we have spent exactly ZERO minutes organizing anything.

It turns out that five times two times five is zero...

4 comments:

  1. Boy, can I relate to this post!! There's only two of us, yet I can't believe what a mess we make sometimes. Usually the cleaning falls to the weekend, which really irks me. We had the good intention of doing a little bit each night through the week, but that rarely ever happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, funny. on my end it's 15 minutes x one person every night. husband doesn't see the mess. i try to tidy up every night. usually it works because i hate to clean up messes in the morning. my downfall... stacks of mail. mail breeds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I'm the tidy upper for all 5 of us! The boys are helpful at time, times when I finally can't stand it and tell them to clean up or else. I feel like a buzzing bee most of the time, constantly picking up after everyone, but I'm a total freak when it comes to keeping the house clean so that's what I get.

    Well just think Janna, that's one more thing you can add to your New Years resolution, for you two to finally start the picking up routine. LOL, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say, leave the mess till after Christmas. It's going to get messy after the party anyway! Lol. Have a beautiful Christmas, Janna!

    Rheea

    ReplyDelete