Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tuesday Irreplaceables - White Tea

We have heat, but there is a strong draft coming from the windows, especially in the bedroom. To stay warm, I have been enjoying a cup or two of the wonderful Silver Needle Jasmine tea daily.

White tea is my favorite. Did you know that white, green and black tea (and the rest of them, for that matter) are the exact same tea leaves? The only difference is the degree of processing. The darker the tea, the more processed it is. Who would have thought? I was surprised when I read about it in National Geographic a few years ago. Here is what it says on my Rishi tea container:

"White tea is the least processed of all tea types, resulting in a milder flavor without bitterness and a sweeter finish than green tea. Compared to other teas, WHITE TEAS are very low in caffeine and contain high concentrations of antioxidant polyphenols (tea catechins)."

I'd love to try the Jasmine Scented White Peony, Organic White Tea and White Tea Sample Set next!

1 comment:

  1. I learned some new facts about tea :) Love it ~ I'm drinking some right now. It is soooo soothing!

    ReplyDelete