Monday, February 1, 2010

Why my Wax Carving Instructor is Great!

  • He has a fantastic sense of humor;
  • He has an interest in teaching, and it shows;
  • He made the cutest tiniest wax model of an Arabian horse that will be made into pendants and sold at Bergdorf Goodman; it is so fragile that we weren't allowed to touch it - only view it while it sat in a plastic bag!
  • He says the staff at Metalliferous (the place where I go for jewelry-making supplies) is rude! When I heard him say that, I knew we'd get along just fine. I dread going to Metalliferous and only go because other similar places are too far away. The staff there is rude, and I am happy that I am not the only one who thinks so!
My wax carving class is off to a great start!

5 comments:

  1. Sound like you have a great instructor...the best person to learn from...Sorry to hear the people at Metalliferous are so rude..You would think they would treat their customers better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you seem to be having fun, post some pics pls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is not the first I've heard of the rude peeps at Metalliferous :<

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, the metal place has quite a nasty reputation. rudeness is so unnecessary. but glad the wax teacher is better. can't wait to see what you make! pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very happy for you that you have a great instructor, it really makes the world of a difference in how one learns. Can't wait to see pictures of your creations!

    ReplyDelete