Monday, September 27, 2010

I am a Slacker

I usually make Husband's and my own lunch almost daily.  Ever since Husband got sick (pre-Labor Day weekend), I have been really bad about cooking in general. We've relied solely on takeout (thank goodness for the abundance of choices): Mexican, Japanese, Chinese, local diner, pizza, Mediterranean, regular American, Thai... I am probably missing a few cuisines.

I have been just as bad with lunch - last week I made lunch ONCE.

Don't get me wrong; I love takeout.  But after a while we both crave home cooked food. This week, I am back on track! I emergency-soaked some beans in hot water earlier today and am making our favorite Spicy White Turkey Chili as I type this. Tomorrow's lunch is in the fridge, ready to go, for both of us. The fridge is filled with ingredients for the week. Life is good.

Have you been slacking about anything?

3 comments:

  1. There is nothing better than a hearty home cooked meal!!

    Slacking? Yes. Need to re-open that Bridal store asap. Okay back to work. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, yeah . . . slacking about blogging, for one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment on my blog today. It led me here and this post made me laugh. This is SO my family. We both work, we intend to eat well, and Mexican, Italian and Thai takeout is what we eat. All the time. Shouldn't there be a version of a takeout Martha Stewart for folks like us to emulate? ;)

    ReplyDelete