Monday, October 11, 2010

A Perfect Autumn Sunday

This Sunday we ventured out to the Upper West Side.  We had brunch at Nice Matin (where they serve my favorite Eggs Benedict ever!) and then headed to Riverside Park.  There we enjoyed a quiet walk and spotted this dog getting a tan.


Then we made our way back to Midtown. I noticed a carousel at Bryant Park! I am sure it has always been there, but I just noticed it for the first time that day. I LOVE carousels and Ferris wheels. Guess who rode it!  Husband and I both did!


It was a perfect Sunday in the city.  Then I ruined French Onion soup by dropping the plastic container filled with it on the kitchen floor. It went everywhere, and our house and cat will smell like onions forever.

What did you do this weekend?

4 comments:

  1. I love carousels, too! I wish the weather was nice enough here to go to an entertainment park for rides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great weekend! our was rainy and drizzly, but i'm ok with that. made me not feel guilty about sofa time.

    sorry about the soup. i usually do stuff like that when we have company. like dropping a bowl of guacamole. yep, everywhere. still finding it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a beautiful Fall Sunday! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son was shaking a drinkable yogurt and it went everywhere....somehow things that shake us up are reminders that we are indeed human.
    Loved all the images of your wonderful city adventures.
    pve

    ReplyDelete