Friday, November 26, 2010

The Return of Thursday Edibles!

There are going to be some changes in our household.  We are saving up for a home!  In NYC, all apartments require at least a 10% downpayment.  Ridiculously expensive apartments (i.e., condos) require a 10-20% downpayment.  Other slightly less expensive (but still ridiculously expensive nonetheless) apartments (i.e., co-ops) require a 20-50% downpayment.  What is 10% of a ridiculously expensive apartment?  That's right, a ridiculously huge downpayment!

We went through our budget to figure out what we can cut out.  Can't cut out rent, student loan payments and t he rest of the bills.  What we can cut is what's left after all the "musts" are paid.  One of such categories is food.  We've drastically reduced our eating out budget and are going to be cooking a lot more!

This brings me to the subject of this post.  When I started this blog, every Thursday I shared my favorite recipe with you.  Then, I ran out of favorites and started sharing fun new recipes I'd try once in a while.  Eventually, those posts fizzled.

Now, I am going to try a whole lot of new recipes, and you will be the first to know when I find something good!  Next week is my first such find - Marbled Stuffed Potatoes!  If you are a potato lover, you won't want to miss this!
Marbled Stuffed Potatoes from Food Network magazine

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you've got some great eating ahead! xx

    ReplyDelete